Report Identity Theft and Fraud
Always carefully monitor your business and personal bank accounts for fraudulent activity. If you ever see anything unusual, immediately contact your local Bank of Marin office or our Customer Support at 1(866) 626-6004.
To report Business Fraud
- Immediately call your regular Bank of Marin contact or our Customer Support at 1(866) 626-6004.
- You can file a report with the local police department or the FBI.
- You can file a complaint with the California Attorney General’s office.
- You can contact the local Better Business Bureau.
To report Identity Theft
Follow these steps as quickly as you can:
- Contact the three national credit bureaus (experian.com, www.equifax.com, and www.transunion.com) and ask them to attach a “fraud alert” to your credit file. Each has a website and a toll free number.
- Contact all your creditors (by phone and in writing) to inform them of the problem.
- Contact the local police. They may be able to act under state consumer protection laws.
- If mail use is suspected, notify your local postmaster.
- Alert your bank immediately. Your financial institution can then watch for any unusual activity or suggest other means of protecting your account.
- Request that any Personal Identification Numbers (PINs) or passwords used for account access are changed.
- Federal Trade Commission (FTC) hotline for consumers to report incidents of identity theft: 1-877-ID-THEFT (1-877-438-4338), or www.identitytheft.gov
- Social Security Administration’s Fraud Hotline: 1-800-269-0271