Text Size: -A A A+
Bank of Marin offers a welcoming, friendly work environment and a caring attitude toward its employees. The Bank places great value on its employees, realizing its success as a community bank is largely due to an extraordinary staff. Competitive compensation and a strong benefit program are offered with special focus on helping employees achieve a healthy work/life balance. We are also proud to be voted one of the Best Places to Work.
To apply for a career with Bank of Marin please send us your resume.
Reminder: Standard email is not encrypted and should not be considered a secure alternative when sending sensitive personal information.
- Customer Service Representative – Float - Part-time (30 hrs) - Napa
- Customer Service Representative - Greenbrae
- Customer Service Representative - Float - East Bay
- Customer Service / New Accounts Representative - Emeryville
- Customer Service Supervisor - Sausalito
- Accounting Assistant - Novato
- Marketing & Design Specialist - Novato
- Security Officer - Novato
- Client Services Manager - Novato
Customer Service Representative – Float - Part-time (30 hrs) - Napa
Based out of our Napa branch this person is responsible for processing deposits and the payout of funds in accordance with Bank procedures. Responsible for recording all transactions accurately and balancing each day. Provides outstanding customer service. Ability to work at various locations necessary.Click here to apply
Customer Service Representative - Greenbrae
Responsible for processing deposits and the payout of funds in accordance with Bank procedures. Responsible for recording all transactions accurately and balancing each day. Provides outstanding customer service.Click here to apply
Customer Service Representative - Float - East Bay
Based out of our South Shore branch this person is responsible for processing deposits and the payout of funds in accordance with Bank procedures. Responsible for recording all transactions accurately and balancing each day. Provides outstanding customer service. Ability to work at various locations necessary.Click here to apply
Customer Service / New Accounts Representative - Emeryville
Proficient in providing prompt, courteous and efficient customer service. The Customer Service/New Accounts Representative serves a dual role of selling bank services in the branch and processing traditional teller transactions. Qualified candidates will have a minimum of 1-2 years branch operations experience with the demonstrated ability to open new accounts.Click here to apply
Customer Service Supervisor - Sausalito
Proficient in providing prompt, courteous and efficient customer service. The Customer Service Supervisor is responsible for the work direction and coordination of the Customer Service Representative (Teller) staff within the branch. Works directly with the Branch Manager, providing support in operational areas as needed in the branch. Effectively sell and service the Bank’s products and make qualified referrals to bank partners.
Essential job duties include:
- Trains employees in customer service, referrals, and banking procedures.
- Approves checks for payment.
- Handles customer complaints.
- Counts and records currency and coin in vault.
- Gives back-up support to Branch Manager
- Consolidates and balances daily transactions.
- Directs branch operations staff.
Qualified applicants should possess the following skills:
- Must possess outstanding customer service skills including the ability to resolve customer conflict, etc.
- Has basic knowledge of all our personal and business products and services, including general types of loans the Bank offers.
- Has basic sales skills including knowledge of the Bank's Relationship Selling process (Meet and Greet, Establish Rapport, Profiling Clients/Prospects, Selling/Cross-selling, Answering objections/questions, Closing the Sale, Following Up, Keeping Track).
- Has knowledge of the steps to opening a new account. Is able to follow the New Account Checklist and the Bank of Marin Relationship Sales and Service process. Can identify and explain all individual, business, and fiduciary ownership types.
- Has basic knowledge of the Bank's policies and procedures. Knows how to handle cash, resolve general customer issues and comply with banking regulations, including Regulation CC, Bank Secrecy Act, Regulation D, Regulation DD and Regulation E.
- Has ability to use Deposit Origionation including knowledge of deposit products, choosing the right products, Creating / Updating Customers & Business Entities, is familiar with Proper Identification and Documentation procedures
- Has knowledge of TellerInsight. Has the ability to process a wide variety of transactions including deposits, withdrawals, cashing checks, making loan payments, inquiring on account information, and dealing with general ledger transactions.
- Has basic knowledge of the Bank's customer/deposit/loan inquiry system (FIS) including the ability to perform basic commands and navigation skills.
- Has knowledge of how the Item and Image Processing Department operates and the step by step process of the work flow.
- Has ability to perform ATM balancing, cash replenishment, and general maintenance of ATM unit. Knows how to order and sell cash to Federal Reserve for the branch
- Has advanced knowledge of branch operational policies and procedures including certifications, report review and retention, handling collections, processing overdrafts, and branch security
- Knows how to plan and schedule time efficiently. Has ability to handle interruptions effectively. Has ability to work independently under limited or no supervision.
- Must possess strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Knows how to gather, analyze, and interpret data in order to resolve problems. Has mathematical aptitude to perform basic calculations
- Has basic computer knowledge including keyboarding & ten-key and knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook.
- Has ability to enforce workplace policies and practices including customer service (Holding the line) and has the ability to delegate.
Associate's degree (A. A.) and 3-5 years previous banking experience including 1-2 years as a supervisor or the equivalent combination of education & experience.Click here to apply
Accounting Assistant - Novato
The Accounting Assistant supports the accounts payable function of the Bank by processing invoices, employee reimbursement and check requests. Generates weekly check runs and reports. Completes and verifies daily posting activities to the general ledger. Reconciles general ledger accounts with various application system, spreadsheets and statements. Provides administrative support to the CFO & Accounting Department.
Essential Duties include but are not limited to:
- Reviews and codes approved invoices, employee expense reimbursement and check requests for payment based on Bank policies and procedures.
- Generates and disburses expense checks after obtaining signatures.
- Maintains and updates vendor and employee master files, as well as approval stamps and approval limits.
- Addresses vendor and employee inquiries and interacts with other business units to obtain information needed to properly process a disbursement.
- Reconciles employee reimbursement to business credit card account statements.
- Performs vendor due diligence as required.
- Prepares IRS information reporting (e.g. 1099) for payments made to vendors.
- Provides business units with pertinent information to track their expenditures.
- Reconciles general ledger accounts with various application system, spreadsheets and statements, including but not limited to prepaid expenses, miscellaneous assets and correspondent bank accounts. Reconciles report discrepancies and researches variances.
- Verifies and posts details of business transactions to general ledger.
Provides administrative support to the CFO & Accounting Department, including but not limited to: ordering supplies, updating vendor and SEC reporting binders, processing mail and maintaining accounting calendars.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities required:
- Basic knowledge of general ledger accounting.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in team setting.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Competent with MS Word and Excel.
Proficiency in Optima, Metavante Insight and other FIS application system a plus.
Education & experience required:
- Associates degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two year college or technical school.
- Successful completion of introductory and/or intermediate accounting classes a plus.
- One year of accounting/banking experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Marketing & Design Specialist - Novato
The Marketing & Design Specialist coordinates and assists with the marketing activities and campaigns which may include advertising, direct mailing, in-branch promotions, and internal sales promotions. Responsible for the graphic design and coordinating production activities and print schedules for ads, direct mail pieces, online advertising, statement inserts and messages, product brochures and applications, in-branch promotion material, promotional items, investor presentations, and some internal communication pieces. This includes requests for bids, placing orders, and coordinating print vendors, as well as coordinating the internal review and approval process with Compliance. Additionally, is in charge of the graphic design of content for the Bank of Marin website, as well as updating website information on events, news & press releases and liaising with the webmaster on other content updates.
Essential Duties Include:
- Responsible for the design of direct mail, invitations, print ads, online ads, brochures, statement inserts and onserts, promotions, applications, flyers, & posters, and investor presentations
- Coordinates print production with vendors and media reps to request quotes, negotiate price, place order, and manage the delivery
- Coordinate review of advertising and marketing materials content by Compliance. Record keeping and retention of all advertising and marketing materials
- Schedule and distribute ads and monitor performance
- Coordinate branch merchandising, brochure supplies, signs, etc.
- Design and update content for the Bank’s web site using the Content Management System
- Design online marketing campaigns
- Produce/Design the Bank’s email newsletter program using web-based e-newsletter tool
- Assess opportunities to improve the delivery of marketing programs
- Some local travel required
- Other duties as assigned
Qualified Applicants will have the following Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Proficient with In Design, Quark, Illustrator, Acrobat Pro, and Photoshop
- Proficient with PowerPoint, Word, and Excel software for presentation and direct mail purposes
- Excellent visual and design skills required
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of print production and print purchasing
- Knowledge of cost efficiencies within print production in order to determine best printing options
- Knowledge of print and design in order to consistently apply brand style and maximize efficiencies of time and cost
- Understanding of legal and compliance framework for advertising and marketing, preferably in the banking or financial services realm
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to multi-task and flexibility to deal with un-expected changes in priorities and projects
- Extensive experience with creating and coordinating implementation of marketing programs and campaigns
- Ability to proofread and edit content for distribution or presentation
- Must be able to proactively anticipate how the ads and marketing material will impact our customers, both internal and external
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage workload with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of direct mail in order to deliver on target mailing at the least cost
Bachelor's Degree (B.S./B.A.) in Advertising and/or Marketing and 5-7 years related experience, or the equivalent combination of education & experience.Click here to apply
Security Officer - Novato
The Security Officer is responsible for managing, developing, implementing, and monitoring practices to ensure that the Bank’s assets and facilities are physically secure and information is secure from unauthorized access, protected from inappropriate alteration, and available to authorized users. This position is responsible for protecting the confidentiality and integrity of customer, employee and business information in compliance with BOM Information Security Policies, Standards, and Procedures and the Bank Protection ACT (Regulation H). This position is also responsible for maintaining the Bank’s business continuity program.
Essential Duties Include:
- Implement, and administer an information security program, policies, and procedures including internal and external factors
- Implement, and maintain a security training program
- Implement, and maintain security case management procedures / systems
- Implement and administer physical security program including procedures, processes, and training for all locations including site analysis and threat assessment evaluation.
- Maintain the Bank’s business continuity program including annual risk assessment, business impact analysis, and testing. Ensure that new applications and changes in the Bank’s environment have viable business recovery plans are updated accordingly. Conduct and document annual testing of the business continuity plans.
- Select, maintain, and install (as related to new locations) and test security devices such as, but not limited to: ATMs, alarms, door buzzers, card key access systems, vaults (safes), safe deposit boxes, night drops, and key control.
- Maintain the Bank’s vendor management program ensuring proper due diligence is performed on new vendors and the Banks’ vendor management application is updated annual as required.
- Implements systems and procedures, leveraging current service provider’s offerings, to detect potential and actual events related to security or inappropriate access to applications or customer information
- Conduct an annual information security and physical security risk assessment on the implementation, administration, and effectiveness of the security program. Results of risk assessment are presented to the Board of Directors.
- Develop and maintain investigative practices and standards, and investigate suspected internal and external violations, suspicious incidents and policy violation that may become security issues
- Track and provide reports on trends related to security incidents
- Review existing vendors safeguards related to information security on a continuing basis. Provide due diligence on security aspects for potential vendors.
Qualified Applicants will have the following Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Highly developed leadership and investigation skills involving preventative and investigation skills in a banking environment
- Highly developed analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong working knowledge of information and physical security in a banking environment
- Highly developed and proven oral and written communication skills
- Significant knowledge of security processes
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to write policies and procedures
Bachelor's Degree (B.S./B.A.) and 3-5 years related experience and/or training, or the equivalent combination of education & experience. Prior experience with banking processes and operations is required. CISSP Preferred, experience with Fidelity Information Services (FIS) is a plus.Click here to apply
Client Services Manager - Novato
This position manages Client (Business) Services department to ensure adherence to policies and procedures while providing exceptional, professional, and legendary service to business cash management customers and the associated bank officers. Provides strong leadership, technical cash management knowledge, training, and support to departments and branch personnel. Actively participates in the development and growth of business services offered to customers. In addition this position acts as the central and critical cash management technical resource for external and internal clients.
Essential Duties include but are not limited to:
• Manages department personnel and processes by providing strong professional leadership and act as a subject matter expert to ensure sound operational understanding and implementation of new business products, processes and operational procedures while staying compliant and relevant to meet customer needs. This includes ensuring all entries made via the Business Online Banking system channel are in accordance with the Bank standards, compliance and regulatory, NACHA requirements offering a comprehensive, current and safe business service package to customers.
• Oversee the complex handling and timely completion of various cash management and merchant processes, installations and troubleshooting efforts. Independently build processes to ensure early detection and identification of high risk transactions, exceptions, timelines and direct all levels of personnel on corrective actions required ensuring bank and customers are safe and secure to mitigate loss.
• Review essential activities, documentation and limits for each cash management customer annually or as deemed necessary to ensure customer business needs have not changed and appropriate limits are in place to mitigate loss. Continuously monitor customer communications to ensure professional and exceptional Legendary Service is delivered to customers.
• Train, counsel and develop department staff.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities required:
• Exceptional knowledge of Electronic online Banking services and security surrounding ebanking access.
• Exceptional knowledge of our Cash Management products, including pricing, functionality, competitiveness and security features.
• In depth knowledge of banking laws and regulations with specific emphasis and understanding of ACH, Remote Deposit Capture, Wire processing and Merchant Services. This includes but is not limited to: Nacha/Wespay guidelines, Reg E, Reg CC, etc.
• In depth knowledge of retail products and services.
• Strong acumen for risk and limits related to cash management services and exposures.
• Thorough knowledge and ability to perform new account ‘opening’ process which includes establishing a new customer relationship on core banking system. Including knowledge and ability to collect necessary supporting signatures and required documentation when establishing any new account relationship.
• Thorough knowledge of bank operations policies and procedures, and applicable operating and computer systems.
• Knowledge of business account titles, documentation requirements, agreements and articles.
• Experienced in supervising, counseling, review writing, hiring, and employee development.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Acute attention to detail.
• Ability to independently examine a problem or issue and use job knowledge to come to a conclusion or resolution.
• Ability to schedule and execute multiple tasks or projects simultaneously.
• Advanced skills in Access, Word, Excel and Microsoft Outlook.
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
• Ability to manage personnel, priorities and workflow.
• Creative, flexible, and innovative team player.
• Demonstrated ability to plan and organize projects.
• Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
• Ability to make timely and sound decisions.
• Ability to confidently converse with clients both internally and externally about our products, processes, policy and procedures.
• Ability to independently construct and edit professional business letters, emails, and other critical correspondence.
• Ability to independently write, update and distribute operational policies and procedures.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from all levels of management throughout the Bank.
• Ability to analyze and capture complex electronic banking, cash management subjects and effectively communicate simply to individuals both externally and internally avoiding use of acronyms.
• Flexibility to travel to branches as needed.
• Professional ‘customer facing’ dress code.
Education & experience required:Click here to apply
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Electronics or related field.
• 3-5 years of related banking experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Electronic Banking and Cash Management support experience required.
All Bank of Marin employees scheduled to work 20 hours or more per week are eligible for health insurance benefits. The Bank provides coverage for domestic partners, spouses, and dependent children.
Health and Welfare Benefits
The Bank offers comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and their eligible dependents. Domestic partner coverage is available as well.
Vacation is offered based on hours worked, length of employment, and position held.
The Bank offers 10 paid holidays based on the Federal Reserve Bank’s schedule.
Health and Appointment Time
This time is provided to deal with health issues for the employee, a dependent, or a close family member. It also may be used for visiting a child’s school.
401(k) Savings Plan
Eligible employees may make pre-tax contributions to a 401(k) savings plan. The Bank will match a portion of employee contributions.
Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
The Bank contributes cash or stock to the retirement plan annually. Contributions are made on a discretionary basis and are subject to board approval.
The Bank awards a cash bonus to all eligible employees based on attainment of Bank performance goals set annually by the Board of Directors.
Long Term Disability Plan
This insurance coverage protects a portion of an employee’s compensation when an eligible disability lasts longer than 90 days.
The Bank provides Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurance coverage for its employees and their dependents. The \Bank also offers an affordable voluntary life insurance plan for employees who desire more coverage.
Family and Medical Leave
After meeting eligibility requirements, an employee may take up to 12 weeks off to deal with a serious health condition of the employee or the employee’s child, parent, or spouse.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Employees, as well as anyone living with them, are offered confidential professional counseling services to deal with issues such as:
- Financial matters
- Legal issues
- Family concerns
- Tax questions
When faced with the challenge of finding assistance for child and elder care, the Dependent Care Connection offers information about what is available in the community.
The Bank will reimburse an employee for a portion (up to 100%) of tuition for successfully completing a class to better his / her knowledge for a current position or a career path position.
Skill Building Seminars
Various seminars are offered to help employees build better skills, such as improving computer proficiency, developing product knowledge, or learning to be a better communicator.
Free Checking/Savings/Internet Banking
Employees are immediately eligible to receive checking and savings accounts from Bank of Marin free of monthly service charges.
Employees have the option of purchasing additional insurance for heart attack, stroke, cancer and accidents. Long term care programs are available as well.
Premium Only Plan (Section 125)
The employee portion of premiums for all qualified plans can be deducted from pay on a pre-tax basis.
The Bank offers employee discounts for Wealth Management services.
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
This plan gives employees the opportunity to purchase Bank stock through payroll deductions. Employees get a 5% discount off market value and pay no brokers fees.
Russell A. Colombo, President
I’d like to officially welcome Bank of Alameda customers as Bank of Marin customers