Bank of Marin Announces Winners of 26th Annual Spirit of Marin Awards
Marin County Superintendent of Schools Mary Jane Burke to keynote September 27th community leadership event
Bank of Marin has announced the winners of its 26th Annual Spirit of Marin Awards, as nominated by the Marin County Chambers of Commerce. One of the largest business events in the county and Bank of Marin’s signature community event, the awards recognize the philanthropic leadership, volunteerism and success of Marin’s businesses, business leaders and volunteers. The luncheon will take place on Friday, September 27 from 11:30 am-1:30 pm at St. Vincent’s School for Boys in San Rafael, with Marin County Superintendent of Schools Mary Jane Burke as this year’s featured speaker.
“We are honored to take this opportunity each year to recognize the businesses and citizens of our county who are doing exemplary things to support and strengthen our communities,” said Russell A. Colombo, Bank of Marin President and CEO. “Their passion and commitment to philanthropy, volunteerism and exemplary business practices should be an inspiration to us all.”
This year’s winners are:
- Corte Madera Chamber – Gary Stymus, Best Western Corte Madera Inn
- Fairfax Chamber – Richard Pedemonte
- Hispanic Chamber – Dr. Mayra Perez, San Rafael City Schools
- Larkspur Chamber – Jeff Laine, Mollie Stone’s, Greenbrae
- Mill Valley Chamber – Jim Iavarone, Jim Revoir, Jim Welte, The Miller Avenue Champions
- Novato Chamber, Large Business – Pini Hardware
- Novato Chamber, Small Business – Kona Ice of North Marin
- San Anselmo Chamber – Pat Townsley, Creekside Pizza & Taproom
- San Rafael Chamber, Large Business – Marin Independent Journal
- San Rafael Chamber, Small Business – City Carpets
- Sausalito Chamber – Christopher Holbrook, Studio 333
- Tiburon Peninsula Chamber – Erin Burns
In addition to Ms. Burke, this year’s luncheon will feature entertainment by ‘Til Dawn, the teen a cappella ensemble of San Rafael nonprofit Youth in Arts.
Luncheon reservations are required and are $60 per person. To make a reservation, go to: www.spiritofmarin.com or call 415.884.5360. The attire for this year’s event is business casual.