Bank of Marin Announces Winners of 28th Annual Spirit of Marin Awards
Author and Journalist Jason Rezaian to keynote September 24th community leadership event
Bank of Marin has announced the winners of its 28th Annual Spirit of Marin Awards, as nominated by the Marin County Chambers of Commerce. This signature community event recognizes the philanthropic leadership and volunteerism of Marin’s businesses, business leaders and volunteers. The luncheon will take place on Friday, September 24 from 11:30am – 1:30pm at Marin Center Fairgrounds, Fairground Island in San Rafael, with author, journalist and Marin County native Jason Rezaian as this year’s featured speaker.
“We are delighted to be back in person at the Marin Fairgrounds this year to recognize the businesses and citizens of our county who are doing exemplary things to support and strengthen their communities,” said Russell A. Colombo, Bank of Marin CEO. “I’d like to thank all the people who are helping us provide a safe and healthy environment where we can comfortably come together with friends and community partners to celebrate this year’s Spirit of Marin honorees.”
This year’s winners are:
- Corte Madera Chamber of Commerce – Max Korten, County of Marin
- Fairfax Chamber of Commerce – Maya Butterfield, Coconut Moon
- Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of Marin– Karen Carrera, Villegas Carrera, Inc.
- Larkspur Chamber of Commerce – MarinHealth, in honor of doctors, nurses, medical and essential workers
- Mill Valley Chamber of Commerce, Small Business – Mill Valley Market
- Mill Valley Chamber of Commerce – Alan Piombo, City of Mill Valley
- Novato Chamber of Commerce, Large Business – Sonoma-Marin Fairgrounds and Event Center
- Novato Chamber of Commerce, Small Business – Tommy’s Salsa
- San Anselmo Chamber of Commerce – Richard Burns
- San Rafael Chamber of Commerce, Large Business – Canal Alliance
- San Rafael Chamber of Commerce, Small Business – Judy’s Automotive
- Sausalito Chamber of Commerce – Gilbert L. Purcell and Roxanne W. Sheridan, The Pines
- Tiburon Peninsula Chamber of Commerce, Small Business – Woodlands Market
In addition to Mr. Rezaian, this year’s luncheon will feature entertainment by Transcendence Theatre Company.
The event registration deadline has been extended to Friday, September 17. Luncheon reservations are required and are $60 per person or $600 for a table of 10. Health and safety protocols are in place and proof of Covid-19 vaccination is required to attend. To make a reservation, go to www.spiritofmarin.com or call 415.884.5360. The attire for this year’s event is business casual.