Investing in Our Communities
Thank you for your interest in a grant from Bank of Marin!
Community commitment is one of Bank of Marin’s guiding principles as we firmly believe we can only be successful if our communities are thriving. Since the Bank’s inception in 1990, we have contributed over $6.1 million to many deserving non-profit organizations throughout the Bay Area. Each year, Bank of Marin donates at least 1% of pre-tax profit to positively impact the communities we serve. We proudly support over 250 nonprofits each year with Bank employees and board members volunteering thousands of hours.
We have been named a “Top Corporate Philanthropist in the Bay Area” by the San Francisco Business Times since 2003, and recognized as a community leader as a recipient of the North Bay Business Journal’s Corporate Philanthropy award.
Charitable Contributions: How to Apply
The application period for 2020 Charitable Contributions is now closed.
2021 Grant Funding Requests:
Application window is now open, click “APPLY NOW” below to submit a funding request.
The application window runs from Mon., Oct. 5, 2020 at 9am and closes Mon., Dec. 14, 2020 at 5pm.
We recognize that there are many deserving programs in the Bay Area and though we are not able to meet every request, we will review each request with careful consideration and review each proposal based on its merits.
Grants are generally given to support the following sector areas for organizations serving Marin, Sonoma, Napa, Alameda, Contra Costa and San Francisco counties:
- Affordable Housing & Human Services
- Arts & Culture
- Civic & Economic Development
- Senior Citizens & Health Needs
- Youth & Education
*Our giving policy prohibits contributions to individuals, private foundations, “pass-through” organizations (organizations that re-grant funds), political or lobbying activities, and cause-related marketing.
If you would like to submit an application, please prepare a 1-3 page narrative including the following:
- Organization’s mission statement
- A description of the organization and services and programs offered
- A description of the geographic segment of populations served, including total number of organization participants served and percentage of low moderate income (LMI) individuals served and number of individuals served based on grant request size
- If you are applying for event sponsorship:
- Date of the event, venue location and expected attendance
- Sponsorship print deadline to be included in materials
- An overview of available sponsorship levels and associated benefits
- Internal Revenue Service 501(c)(3) letter
- Current Board of Directors list and affiliations
- 2020-21 Approved Operating Budget and/or IRS Form 990 – 2019